Monthly Archives: April 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
– Apr 24, 2010 – A reminder of our past, balance for our presence, and the strength for the challenge of our future ,The Afrikan Connection presents, “Honoring the Past, Preparing for the Future. This is a FREE FAMILY EVENT presented in a celebratory way for the Tri-state Area.
Fannie Lou Hamer s…aid, “Never forget where you came from, and always remember the bridge that brought you over.” In that spirit The Afrikan Connection has linked with local grassroots organizations like Common Cents Consulting, Each One Teach One and Guerrilla Republik. Local entrepreneur and community organizer Sista Nzinga said, “The idea is to show the youth that we give thanks for those who have come before us to set the right example, but we want to prepare them for the reality of their future.”
The Afrikan Connection knows the community has to have wisdom, knowledge and unity to prepare for the future. Their contribution continues on May 15, 2010 at the Rose Hill Community Center, 19 Lambson Lane, New Castle, Delaware, 19720. The event will give honor to those in the past who have paved the way, sharing a Delaware First Black’s Power Point
Preparing for our Future we have our main feature spoken word and hip hop performances by “Nene Ali (Apollo Legend),” A presentation by Alyson Lang of “Each One Teach One” , Also coming to the mic is Iz the Truth, Abundance Child, The Knomadz, and the Sargonites. Their will be Line dancing, vendors and food.
The doors for “Honoring the Past, Preparing for the Future” will open at 10:30 a.m. The event starts at 11:00 a.m. For vending and general information please contact Sista Nzinga at (302) 427-9426.
Abundance Child Live presents Wesley Muhammad( True Islam) on Thursday April 22, 2010 C.E.
Myspace.com/Trueislam reads, “Dr. Wesley Muhammad founder, Director and chief scholar of the Truth of God Institute, is regarded as a phenomenal young scholar with impressive credentials. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies from Morehouse College (Atlanta, GA), graduating with honors. In 2002 Dr. Muhammad received a Master’s Degree in Islamic Studies from the prestigious ‘public Ivy’, the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), whence he also received a Ph.D. in Islamic Studies with a focus on Early Theological Development in Islam. Dr. Muhammad’s research has been called both ‘innovative’ and ‘definitive’ by senior scholars in the field. He has accepted invitations to present his research at such prestigious universities as Duke University and the University of Chicago, as well as at the First World Conference of Middle East Studies (WOCMES) held in Mainz, Germany in 2003 where, as only a Pre-Candidate and one of several thousand scholars attending the conference, Dr. Muhammad was also asked to chair the panels on Islamic Theology. Dr. Muhammad’s dissertation, entitled “Tajalli wa-Ru’ya: A Study of Anthropomorphic Theophany and Visio Dei in the Hebrew Bible, the Qur’ān and Early Sunnī Islam,” has been described as the definitive study on the subject. Dr. Muhammad shows that the Hebrew Bible, the Qur’an, the Sunna of Prophet Muhammad and the Sunni tradition during its first four hundred years affirm that God is visible and appears to prophets and other favored persons in anthropomorphic form. Dr. Muhammad has taught Islamic Studies/Religious Studies at the University of Michigan and the University of Toledo. He has taught such courses as: “The Other God: Alternative Conceptions of the Divine in Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Traditions”; “Introduction to the Study of Islam”; “Orthodoxy and Heresy: Locating the Boundaries of Theological Tolerance in Islam”; “Contemporary Issues in Islam: Between Tradition and Modernity”; and others. Dr. Muhammad’s published research is impressive both for the depth with which he treats his subjects and the breadth of the subjects treated: Islamic Studies, Biblical Studies, Jewish Studies, Oriental Studies, and American Islam. As only a third-year graduate student – three years before achieving candidacy – Dr. Muhammad succeeded in getting a controversial article published in the flag-ship journal of Middle Eastern studies, the International of Journal of Middle East Studies, in which he successfully challenged the common wisdom of both Muslim and Western writers on Islamic theology. The article, “Aspects of the Creed of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal” (34 : 441-463), demonstrated that a central tenet of the first articulation of Sunni orthodoxy was the belief that Allah (God) appeared as a man. Another important publication of Dr. Muhammad’s is his work, “A Body Unlike Bodies: Transcendent Anthropomorphism in Ancient Semitic Tradition and Early Islam,” published in the Journal of the American Oriental Society (128 ). Dr. Muhammad demonstrates here that characteristic of pre-modern Sunni Islam was a belief that God indeed possessed a human form, but one that is different from that of mortal humans in that it is ‘transcendent’ in substance and effect, lacking the frailties and limitations that characterize the mortal human body. This tradition of ‘transcendent anthropomorphism,’ Dr. Muhammad shows, characterized the Biblical and ancient Near Eastern religions as well. For more information about Dr. Wesley Muhammad visit DrWesleyMuhammad.com .”
I welcome True Islam to the AC Live show because I have respect for his intellect, research, and dedication to what he believes and stands for. I am moor interested however in knowing how he applies his clear knowledge of Islam to the greater uplfitment of our people spiritually to economically. The Abundance Child Brand State of Mind is Always for The People. So in the interest of the people I like to bring our scholars, Ghetto and the like, to the table who have shown the ability to not only Set the Record Straight but also to effectively aid in the Total Liberation of our People.
Economically, it is tragic that in this Age of Information we are not turning these intellectual conversations into real life tangible movements that demand that our communities apply these sciences. We are way to comfortable being divided in the face of the decline of the corporate U.S. The masses of us adhere to the privileged U.S.A. systems and are financially bankrupt as a result. Although economics may not be an area of his strength, Dr. Muhammad’s research and public stance validates the Teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad who had a clear Economic Plan. It takes finance to uplift a Nation right? Ideally it is in this direction that I would like to format this Thursday’s show.
The Nation of Islam, lost and now found right here in Amexem, roots are traced back to the Prophet Noble Drew Ali. The Prophet Noble Drew Ali taught that we are not Black or any other U.S. Jurisdictional classifications. For the purpose of the show I will like to maintain that when I refer to Black I am not referencing the adjective that we so casually use to describe ourselves. I am referring to Black as a status in law. One may not want to engage in semantics(jurisprudence to me)here but I propose that we entertain it for this dialogue. I personally am willing because we all use semantics until it is time to STOP PLAYING and actually deal with the fact that we created and continue to perpetrate the very existence that we claim is so oppressive. We intellectualize about Mental Bondage but REFUSE to release the chains that U.S. Words of Art are holding us with. Now, that we reacquainted ourselves with the Origins of the NOI, I want to know what True Islam’s thoughts on Nationality are and how anything that he has researched is relevant without it. Is civics and knowledge of the All Law important to the him and or the Nation of Islam and how or is it being applied?
As astute as Dr. Muhammad is in the subject matter of Islam I am interested to know how he is reaching the masses and more importantly the youth who are far more attracted to groups like the Nation of Gods and Earths and the RBG Movement. Another brother who was just as astute and in fact reached farther into our communities was Dr. Khalid Muhammad…he said he was a Moor and “and got sense enough to know I’m a Moor…”
We as a people are underdeveloped spiritually and culturally and I am afraid that we give too much attention to scholars that do not have a viable plan within their own organizations that unites with other scholars and their organizations that will result in the whollistic health and economic sustainabilty of the people. How are we reaching the youth and what programs are being put in place that address how the next generation will eat, how they will be sheltered, clothed, and educated by us without the necessary assistance of our so called oppressors. Are our so called scholars holding us back?
And what about Islam. What is that? I know True Islam is an authority here and I am anxious to hear how he can translate it for the people who need to hear his message the most…NOT THOSE ALREADY SUBSCRIBING TO ISLAM. I will not apologize for my high standards that I set for the Integrity of Scholarship and its’ application. There are clear attempts being made to keep us from regaining our rightful authority and if these brothers and sisters do not step their game up and provide tangible remedies that will improve our status and overall way of life we need to ignore them and pay attention to those who are. Islam is increasing it’s presence Globally…what say you True Islam!
I am not singling out True Islam as he is my guest and I love him with “A NEVER DYING LOVE”, however, to whom much is given, much is required. I am excited and I welcome Dr. Wesley Muhammad and I pray you do too..AC~Always for The People!
Onkwehonwe Land is land upon this third Earth from the Sun, known to be Mu, Temple Of The Sun And Moon, North Gate, Moab, Maghrib El Aqusa, Al Moroc, Amexem, to include but not limited to such Land, Islands, water, marshes, rivers, ponds and Air, situated inside, above and below, but not limited to, starting point at North Pole; Thence due south to a point Seventy-four degrees north latitude Ten degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Forty-seven degrees Thirty minutes north latitude Fifty degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Thirty-five degrees north latitude Sixty degrees west longitude; Thence due south to a point in Twenty degrees north latitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Five degrees north latitude Twenty-four degrees west longitude; Thence due south to South Pole; Thence due north to a point Thirty degrees south latitude Ninety degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point on Equator at Ninety-seven degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Fifteen degrees north latitude One hundred twenty degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Fifty degrees north latitude One hundred seventy degrees west longitude; Thence due north to a point Fifty-four degrees north latitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Sixty-five degrees thirty minutes north latitude One hundred sixty-eight degrees fifty-eight minutes five seconds west longitude; Thence due north to North Pole..~Giniti Harcum El Bey
“This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me” the true Aboriginal and Indigenous Peoples not the corporations that have taken our land and politically designated it as theirs. The original people that are misnomered as Indians and still claim those U.S. classifications are living a double standard. They have deficated on their darker hued mothers and fathers and shut us out of our their so called struggle. The misnomered Blacks are waking up and claiming their Aboriginal Roots. We are Moors. We are all Moors. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. We are not settling for BLACK, WE ARE NOT SETTLING FOR INDIAN. STOP PLAYING.
We have no real progress. Nothing has changed. WE ARE ALL “SLAVES”. What in the hell are you doing with your so called Title of Nobility and so called Tribal Status? Waving it in the Colonist faces and what? Where is your back up?
We are our Back Up. We have the Numbers We have everything we need with each other. Tonight the Dialogue Begins…former NBC and former INDIAN….We do not need to be a member of a Temple to know that we are Moors.WE SAY STOP PLAYING! THIS LAND IS OUR LAND! What do you Say? Call in @ 8 p.m. 347.637.2270
A look into the State of Mind of Giniti…An excerpt from Pending American and Canadian Legislation for entering Onkwehonwe Land.
Be it known that Onkwehonwe, in Council do resolve and do give Notice:
A. American and Canadian citizens applying to enter inside Onkwehonwe Land, town or village, that certain Onkwehonwe require said American and Canadian citizens produce, show and make available certified and verified documentation to include, but not limited to, proof of 51.3 per centum of the blood of the American race or 51.3 per centum of blood of the Canadian race, upon demand of Onkwehonwe by own Right.
1. Onkwehonwe shall refer to Natural, free, sovereign, living, original Spirit, Mind and Body Manifested to real, Flesh, Blood and Bone, Woman or Man, upon Earth and elsewhere. Onkwehonwe includes, but is not limited to, Ancient Ones, Kanienkehaka, Onoondakeka, Ani-Yun-Wiya, Anishanabe, Dinah, Muur and other Original Beings upon Earth. Onkwehonwe is Original Being from Original Being. Onkwehonwe may include singular or plural. Onkwehonwe as applied to other original People, not withstanding in relation to any other original language.
a. Onkwehonwe does not include American, Canadian, American Indian, Native American, Blackman, Redman, Whiteman, Yellowman.
2. The term “American” as used in de jure Law, includes only persons possessing 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the American race and may include person claiming to be citizen of United States, provide they possess 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the American race.
a. Does not include a person who is spouse or child of such an American or a person whose citizenship is created by naturalization or immigration or whose ancestor did not possess American blood prior to October 12, 1492.
3. The term “Canadian” as used in de jure Law, includes only persons possessing 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the Canadian race and may include person claiming to be citizen of Canada, provide they possess 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the Canadian race.
a. Does not include a person who is spouse or child of such a Canadian or a person whose citizenship is created by naturalization or immigration or whose ancestor did not possess Canadian blood prior to October 12, 1492.
4. Onkwehonwe Land is land upon this third Earth from the Sun, known to be Mu, Temple Of The Sun And Moon, North Gate, Moab, Maghrib El Aqusa, Al Moroc, Amexem, to include but not limited to such Land, Islands, water, marshes, rivers, ponds and Air, situated inside, above and below, but not limited to, starting point at North Pole; Thence due south to a point Seventy-four degrees north latitude Ten degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Forty-seven degrees Thirty minutes north latitude Fifty degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Thirty-five degrees north latitude Sixty degrees west longitude; Thence due south to a point in Twenty degrees north latitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Five degrees north latitude Twenty-four degrees west longitude; Thence due south to South Pole; Thence due north to a point Thirty degrees south latitude Ninety degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point on Equator at Ninety-seven degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Fifteen degrees north latitude One hundred twenty degrees west longitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Fifty degrees north latitude One hundred seventy degrees west longitude; Thence due north to a point Fifty-four degrees north latitude; Thence by a rhumb line to a point Sixty-five degrees thirty minutes north latitude One hundred sixty-eight degrees fifty-eight minutes five seconds west longitude; Thence due north to North Pole…
5. Child is used strictly as the correlative of “parent,” and means male or female, son or daughter, considered in relation with the Mother or male contributor to physical Creation of child. The plural of child is children.
6. Man shall include de jure Adult male, Onkwehonwe, Original Being, Aboriginal, Being brought forth into physical flesh, blood and bone, mind and Spirit from the Womb of his Mother and above the age of puberty.
a. Man does not include American or Canadian.
7. Woman shall include de jure Adult female, Onkwehonwe, Original Being, Aboriginal, Being brought forth into physical flesh, blood and bone, from Womb of her Mother, having womb or capable of having womb and above the age of puberty.
a. Woman does not include American or Canadian
8. Mankind – Like man. Shall include, but not limited to, creation by DNA of man and other life forms not Man, male or female upon Earth. Mankind shall include genetic, strain of mixed Human and Negro Jarava Arabo (Black chimpanzee), father of the Albion and others expanding from their reservation inside Caucus Mountain Range. Mankind may include American or Canadian. Mankind does not include, Onkwehonwe, Kanienkehaka, Muur, Original Being, Aboriginal, Hue-man Being, Woman or Man.
B. American or Canadian applying to enter inside such Onkwehonwe Land, town or village and having child under age of 18 and child possessing 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the American race or 51.3 per centum of the blood of the Canadian race, must surrender said child up to Onkwehonwe for schooling in the advancement of Peace, Justice and Law.
C. Any child proven to possess 51.3 per centum or more of the blood of the American race or 51.3 per centum of the blood of the Canadian race, and having been surrendered for schooling in the advancement of Love, Truth, Peace, Freedom and Justice, if such child at any time should become deceased, incapacitated, suffer side effects, become mentally dysfunctional, do to act of Nature, Woman or Man, such child nor any member or citizen of the American or Canadian race, may make claim or hold responsible any Onkwehonwe.
D. Any agreement made with Onkwehonwe is not binding on any other Onkwehonwe.
E. Effective date of this Law in relation to American or Canadian citizen is June 1, 2009 A. D. said Gregorian calendar.
The long history of colonization on which the United States corporation has been been built has been resisted on many different levels and by many different peoples. at every step by the refusal of indigenous communities to accept such criminal treatment. The stand being taken by the people of Six Nations and of Tyendinaga, whether through land reclamation, building alternative economic prosperity, assertion of indigenous governance structures, resistance to colonial policing, is evidence of the struggle and victories in the battle for First Nations’ sovereignty.